Sponsorship Opportunities (see below)
Support the work of and
As people recognize the shortcomings of conventional growth patterns, New Urbanism offers a way to create enduring places of diversity and character. People are sending a clear message: they want vibrant and safe neighborhoods where it is possible to walk to stores, work, schools, and places of worship. They want better housing and transportation choices and enjoyable public spaces. They want to feel proud of their communities.
CNU Illinois is working to turn these dreams into reality by offering new solutions for our built environment in our state. As a member of CNU, you will be our partner in spreading New Urbanism in Illinois. CNU's respected publications, website, and conference will give you the news and resources you need to achieve your goals and advance your career.
As a local chapter, CNU Illinois connects you with the latest implementation practices, leaders in the field, and opportunities to work on local initiatives to advance the cause of the Charter for the New Urbanism. Whether it is through our monthly social gatherings, excursions to completed projects, or annual symposiums, members are staying on top of the latest innovations within the practice.
Learn how to put positive strategies into practice in your community and your business. Join us as member or pursue sponsorship opportunities and help build the vision.
CNU offers a range for membership levels; learn more about the benefits associated with each level at cnu.org/membership.
We encourage you to join at the Urbanist level, which includes the following benefits:
- CNU Illinois chapter membership.
- CNU Monthly Review e-update newsletters.
- Access to CNU Initiatives/Reports/Charter
- Login to your CNU.org account and gain full access to: Congress Webcast Library, Project & Presentation Library, member directory, member profiles and portfolios, an interactive image bank, archives of all CNU publications, job listings, calendar and events page, and more.
- Publication Discounts: discount on book titles from Black Dog Publishing, Oxford Press, and Wiley Publishing, and on magazine titles such as Next American City, Metropolis Magazine, Orion Magazine, and the Journal of Urbanism. Login to your CNU.org account to obtain your discount code(s).
- Free digital subscription to Better! Cities and Towns (formally New Urban News), and discounted rate on print subscription direct from Better! Cities and Towns.
- Discount off annual subscription to transect-centered, online photo database program Placeology. Login to your CNU.org account to obtain your discount code.
- Congress Registration Discounts.
- Continuing Education Discounts.
- Reduced rate for Charter Awards entries.
- Direct vote for Board Elections
A discounted Urbanist rate of $125/year is offered to non-profit employees, government workers, and recent (within five years) graduates.
Joining CNU automatically enrolls you in the Illinois chapter. Start experiencing the following benefits of connecting with your local peers:
Region - $500 (1-year banner on home page and sponser page) (Name on website in large lettering) (Copy of Charter)
City - $300 (6-month banner on home page and sponser page) (Name on website in medium size lettering) (
Neighborhood - $150 (3-month smaller banner on home and sponser page) (Name on website in medium size lettering) (
Block - $75 (3-month banner on sponser page) (Name on website in small size lettering)
Street - $25 (name on website) (Name on website in small size lettering)